Wednesday, February 4, 2009

upside down ceiling.

( i thought the frog was appropriate)
today was a weird day. i didn't do much, except i kept catching myself staring into space. i woke up and stared at my alarm clock. then i stared into the capsizing abyss of the fridge. after coming home from a run  i laid flat on my floor staring into the ceiling fan for more than 15 min. it was really bad when i was driving too. it has been a very catatonic day. but throughout all that staring  i thought about a lot of things. its always bittersweet when you spend a day with yourself. it's nice to relax, but eventually you become lonely. and honestly, lately i have felt very lonely. and my thoughts just eat me up inside but you know what is absolutely beautiful about that?

1 O LORD, you have searched me 
       and you know me.

 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; 
       you perceive my thoughts from afar.

 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; 
       you are familiar with all my ways.

 4 Before a word is on my tongue 
       you know it completely, O LORD.

 5 You hem me in—behind and before; 
       you have laid your hand upon me.

 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, 
       too lofty for me to attain.

 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? 
       Where can I flee from your presence?

 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
       if I make my bed in the depths,  you are there.

 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
       if I settle on the far side of the sea,

 10 even there your hand will guide me, 
       your right hand will hold me fast.

 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me 
       and the light become night around me,"

 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; 
       the night will shine like the day, 
       for darkness is as light to you.

 13 For you created my inmost being; 
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.

 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
       your works are wonderful, 
       I know that full well.
Psalm 139: 1-14

just as long as i have Jesus.

i pray that when days like today spring up from the ground, like a weed in spring, that you remain still and know full well the love of Christ that is constantly pouring out all around you.

 P.S i did get to watch The Dark Knight tonight (not very happy go lucky movie) nonetheless it was a very big plus, not only that, I get to write a 5 page paper on it, AND we get to watch Citizen Kane tomorrow in film, doesn't get any better than this. 

blog bout' the WORD coming soon.

No comments: